dwatep

Default 123 files

How do you import Lotus 123 files into Excel?
tjtjjtjt

If you have Lotus try saving the file in Lotus as Excel file. If you don't,
you'll need a commercial converter, such as the one available at
:www.dataviz.com.

tj

How do you import Lotus 123 files into Excel?

Bill Sharpe

In Excel 2003, use File | Open and scroll down to Lotus 1-2-3 files in
the Files of Type drop down box.
Don't know about previous versions.

Now if Excel would recognize some of the newer versions of Quattro Pro
files to open that easily....

Bill

"dwatep" wrote in message
How do you import Lotus 123 files into Excel?

Jim Rech

Excel 2003 lists .123 as types of files it will open for Lotus?

No. No change from previous versions.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Lady Layla" wrote in message
| Excel 2003 lists .123 as types of files it will open for Lotus? No
longer just
| WK1 or WK4 types?
|

| "Bill Sharpe" wrote in message
| : In Excel 2003, use File | Open and scroll down to Lotus 1-2-3 files in
| : the Files of Type drop down box.
| : Don't know about previous versions.
| :
| : Now if Excel would recognize some of the newer versions of Quattro Pro
| : files to open that easily....
| :
| : Bill
| :
| : "dwatep" wrote in message
| : ...
| : How do you import Lotus 123 files into Excel?
| :
| :

Lady Layla

Thanks

Didnt think there was a change, but wanted to make sure before noting that the
advice Bill gave was incorrect

"Jim Rech" wrote in message
: Excel 2003 lists .123 as types of files it will open for Lotus?
:
: No. No change from previous versions.
:
: --
: Jim Rech
: Excel MVP
: "Lady Layla" wrote in message
: ...
: | Excel 2003 lists .123 as types of files it will open for Lotus? No
: longer just
: | WK1 or WK4 types?
: |
: |
: | "Bill Sharpe" wrote in message
: | ...
: | : In Excel 2003, use File | Open and scroll down to Lotus 1-2-3 files in
: | : the Files of Type drop down box.
: | : Don't know about previous versions.
: | :
: | : Now if Excel would recognize some of the newer versions of Quattro Pro
: | : files to open that easily....
: | :
: | : Bill
: | :
: | : "dwatep" wrote in message
: | : ...
: | : How do you import Lotus 123 files into Excel?
: | :
: | :
: |
: |
:
:

Bill Sharpe

The open dialog box in Excel 2003 has an option to open Lotus
1-2-3(*.wk?) files in the Files of Type drop-down box. I opened a .WK1
file and got options to save the file as .WK1, .WK3 or .WKS.

Bill

"Lady Layla" wrote in message
Excel 2003 lists .123 as types of files it will open for Lotus? No
longer just
WK1 or WK4 types?

"Bill Sharpe" wrote in message
: In Excel 2003, use File | Open and scroll down to Lotus 1-2-3 files in
: the Files of Type drop down box.
: Don't know about previous versions.
:
: Now if Excel would recognize some of the newer versions of Quattro Pro
: files to open that easily....
:
: Bill
:
: "dwatep" wrote in message
: ...
: How do you import Lotus 123 files into Excel?
:
:

Bill Sharpe

I haven't used Lotus 1-2-3 since WK3 days, so appreciate the
information. Excel has done even less to keep track of Quattro Pro
files. As far as I can tell Excel only supports Quattro Pro DOS format,
which goes back to the 1980's. Quattro Pro, however, does support saving
spreadsheets with a .123 extension, although the program warns that
Quattro features may be lost when doing a save.

Bill

"Lady Layla" wrote in message
Correct but it will not open or save as a .123 which is the latest
version Lotus
uses. -- I believe the ext changed in 97 or so to the .123

"Bill Sharpe" wrote in message
: The open dialog box in Excel 2003 has an option to open Lotus
: 1-2-3(*.wk?) files in the Files of Type drop-down box. I opened a .WK1
: file and got options to save the file as .WK1, .WK3 or .WKS.
:
: Bill
:
: "Lady Layla" wrote in message
: ...
: Excel 2003 lists .123 as types of files it will open for Lotus? No
: longer just
: WK1 or WK4 types?
:
:
: "Bill Sharpe" wrote in message
: ...
: : In Excel 2003, use File | Open and scroll down to Lotus 1-2-3 files
in
: : the Files of Type drop down box.
: : Don't know about previous versions.
: :
: : Now if Excel would recognize some of the newer versions of Quattro
Pro
: : files to open that easily....
: :
: : Bill