y_not

Default query database

Every day I have to copy a database (a client listing that is added to
daily by many other people) into excel and then find the new clients.
This information is copied from a business programme which I am able to
paste into excel. The software used to record the original data does
produce a unique code for each client which, I think, would be the way
to find the new listings.

I have to produce a weekly report showing the new clients added during
the week (on a daily basis).

Is there a formula that will compare the list (todays list against
yesterdays list) to show me the new clients rather that manually going
through 1100+ rows to try and find the new ones?

I know that Access will do this but the PC does not have Access
installed. I think that probably Vlookup might work but I've never used
the function and as I am a relative newbie even to Excel any solution
would have to be explained in idiot proof language (Please).

To add to the problem I have to start to produce this listing from
Monday!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Tony

--
y_not
y_not's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19947

Hi

I'll point you in the direction of Chip's Excel site - which is a great
resource. Here is a formula, from his site, for extracting items in one list
that are not in another.
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplic...#InOneNotOther
If you have a read of this shortcut, you should be able to do what you want.
If you can't, post back and we can have another go!

Hope this helps.

Andy.

"y_not" wrote in
message ...

[...]

y_not

Thanks for the link Andy.

I think this will work - will try it out on Monday and cross my
fingers.

Many thanks for replying and offering the help - it's much appreciated

Regards

Tony

--
y_not