craigscoop

Default In Excel how can I assign values to a Yes or No question with IF

I am building a spreadsheeet, where If a cell has a "Yes" in it is is work
..75 and a "no" equals 0. I know a IF statement will help, but I don't know
how.

I also want Excel to caculate from an inputted date how many moths ago it
was.

Can anyone help?

Craig

Tushar Mehta

To answer your other question, =DATEDIF(D10,E10,"m"), where D10
contains the earlier date and E10 the later date. A very useful
function that has been in XL for several releases but remains
mysteriously undocumented. Even more mysterious is that it was
documented in 2000 help and the documentation was pulled in the next
release!

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
I am building a spreadsheeet, where If a cell has a "Yes" in it is is work
.75 and a "no" equals 0. I know a IF statement will help, but I don't know
how.

I also want Excel to caculate from an inputted date how many moths ago it
was.

Can anyone help?

Craig

swatsp0p

Try this (adjust cell references as needed):

=IF(A1="YES",0.75,0)

This will return zero until A1 contains "YES"

Does this work for you?

Bruce

--
swatsp0p