Abi

Default cell in cell formulation possible???

Let's say I have a string of text in a cell, something like:

"We may charge you $XXX fee if item is not returned in good condition."

Is it possible to make that XXX a formula/calculation (based upon
information entered in another cell)?

Chip Pearson

Abi,

Try something like

="We may change you " & TEXT(A1,"$#,##0") & " if the item is not
returned."

where cell A1 contains the value you want to display.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Abi" wrote in message
Let's say I have a string of text in a cell, something like:

"We may charge you $XXX fee if item is not returned in good
condition."

Is it possible to make that XXX a formula/calculation (based
upon
information entered in another cell)?

Gary Brown

OOPS!!!
="We may charge you $" & Text(A1,"#,##0.00") & " fee if item is not
returned in good condition."

"Abi" wrote:

Let's say I have a string of text in a cell, something like:

"We may charge you $XXX fee if item is not returned in good condition."

Is it possible to make that XXX a formula/calculation (based upon
information entered in another cell)?

Abi

Thank you both - I'm off to give it a try!