abbaszaidi

Default Mail merge works with Forms but not with Labels

::
Hi,

I am importing data for a Form and Label merge from Excel into Word. My
columns in excel are as follows :

Cust ID#/ Company/ JobTitle / BusinessStreet / BusinessCity /
BusinessState BusinessPostalCode

Some of these records have blank lines.

When i do an import into Word as FORM it works okay and suppresses
blank lines.

However, when i import into labels even though word SAYS it will
suppress blank lines it does not.

There has to be some way other than pressing delete 2000 times on blank
lines!

Any ideas?::

--
abbaszaidi
abbaszaidi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=12946

Dave Peterson

I'd cheat and save a copy of the workbook with the blank rows deleted -- or
maybe just delete all the blank rows and keep that for my master.

One way to delete the blank rows is to find a column that is always used when
the row is used.

Then data|filter|autofilter

Filter to show blanks and delete those visible rows.

=======

If you don't get a better response, you may want to ask in a .word newsgroup.

abbaszaidi wrote:

::
[...]

abbaszaidi

Thanks for your help. I was playing around with deleting the rows and
columns.

I found out that excel does not regard a row as empty EVEN if there is
no data in it. The empty rows have further deleted by Data-Clear-All to
remove all kinds of formatting etc.

Once i did that it worked fine.