BEDE

Default Strange "button" - please help.

I got an .xls from someone and had to populate some cells with data extracted
from the application database, which I did OK.
My problem is the fact that the .xls came with something like a button (not
created by me) that I want to delete, but simply can't. I can't select it,
like I can do with the forms controls I'm used to work with, although it
appears to be a normal command-button.
What could that object be? And how could I simply get rid of that?

BEDE

Thanks for the tip of using this code:

Set AssObj = Worksheets("Sheet1").OLEObjects(1)
AssObj.Delete

I put it in the WhenSelectionChange for the given sheet. And I deleted it
after it did the trick.
Yet, I still think there should have been a non-coding solution: if it's
something visual, why not to be able to manipulate it with the mouse, like
any picture, chart, &c? How about that, Microsoft?

"BEDE" wrote:

I got an .xls from someone and had to populate some cells with data extracted
from the application database, which I did OK.
My problem is the fact that the .xls came with something like a button (not
created by me) that I want to delete, but simply can't. I can't select it,
like I can do with the forms controls I'm used to work with, although it
appears to be a normal command-button.
What could that object be? And how could I simply get rid of that?

Gord Dibben

BEDE

If the button was created from the Control Toolbox you must be in "design"
mode to manipulate the button.

ViewToolbarsControl Toolbox. Top left button is the "design mode" button.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP