The_Apprentice

Default How can I work with more than 15 numbers

I have a little problem. I don't know how to work with numbers greater than
15 digits. If someone can help me, please don't hesitate. thanks!
JE McGimpsey

Enter them in cells preformatted as Text or with a leading apostrophe
(').

If you're just entering credit card numbers, or suchlike, you generally
don't need to do math, so this should suffice.

XL's limited to 15 decimal digits of precision, so to work with numbers
with more digits than that will require you to use string functions to
manipulate parts of the numbers.

In article ,
"The_Apprentice" wrote:

I have a little problem. I don't know how to work with numbers greater than
15 digits. If someone can help me, please don't hesitate. thanks!

Gary's Student

If you mean really big integers, then Excel has a built-in limit on the
number of digits you can use. If you format a cell to text or enter the
number as text, then you can have many, many more digits, but to do math on
them you will need special UDFs.
--
Gary's Student

"The_Apprentice" wrote:

I have a little problem. I don't know how to work with numbers greater than
15 digits. If someone can help me, please don't hesitate. thanks!

bj

Excel will only handle 15 digitsin one number.
If you need more and and stand for it to be text, You can putt a ' in front
of it.

"The_Apprentice" wrote:

I have a little problem. I don't know how to work with numbers greater than
15 digits. If someone can help me, please don't hesitate. thanks!

Gary's Student

Jim: Is it possible to shell the Calculator (under Programs
Accessories...) and get it to do the math? Calculator can handle more than
15 digits.
--
Gary's Student