postitnote100

Default Getting Excel to treat merged cells as one cell when printing

I have a table in which the cells in the first column are actually
comprised of two merged cells. The rest of the columns are unmerged.

It looks something like the following:

| . Some data . |______Yes______|______Yes______|______No______|
|_____in_here_____|______655______|______212______ |______17______|

The table is several pages long. When I print it out, Excel treats the
merged rows in the first column as if they are separate. This results
in the merged rows being divided across pages.

My example above would be printed as "Some data" at the bottom of one
page and "in here" printed at the top of the next page. I want Excel
to treat the merged cells as one cell and if the whole thing doesn't
fit at the bottom of a page to push the whole thing to the top of the

The table is rather large and the data in it will be changing, so I
don't want to go in and manually set every page break. Does anyone
know how I can achieve what I want?

Thanks in advance

--
postitnote100
postitnote100's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24585

Anne Troy

Go to File--Page setup--Sheet tab. Click the button at the end of the Rows
to repeat at top box, and select your two rows.
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

news:postitnote100.1r57aa_1119636306.9051@excelfor um-nospam.com...