Jerry Arnone, PMP

Default Help replacing text with Yes or No

I have a field formated as general. The field contains either 1 or is left
blank. If the field has a 1 I want to replace it with Yes and if the field
is blank I want to replace it with No.

any help is appreciated.
--
Jerry
CLR

Save your data and use a copy for this exercize...........

Assuming your data in Column A, put this in B1 and copy down........

=IF(A1=1,"Yes","No")

Then highlight the column and do Copy PasteSpecial Values to get rid of
the formulas..........then delete column A if you wish.......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Jerry Arnone, PMP" wrote in message
I have a field formated as general. The field contains either 1 or is

left
blank. If the field has a 1 I want to replace it with Yes and if the

field
is blank I want to replace it with No.

any help is appreciated.
--
Jerry

KL

....more options:

=IF(A1,"Yes","No")

=CHOOSE(A1+1,"No","Yes")

Regards,
KL

"CLR" wrote in message
Save your data and use a copy for this exercize...........

Assuming your data in Column A, put this in B1 and copy down........

=IF(A1=1,"Yes","No")

Then highlight the column and do Copy PasteSpecial Values to get rid
of
the formulas..........then delete column A if you wish.......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Jerry Arnone, PMP" wrote in message
I have a field formated as general. The field contains either 1 or is

left
blank. If the field has a 1 I want to replace it with Yes and if the

field
is blank I want to replace it with No.

any help is appreciated.
--
Jerry

Dave Peterson

How about just selecting the column and doing:

Edit|replace
what: 1
with: Yes
(check match entire cell contents under the Options button)
replace all

Edit|replace
what: (leave blank)
with: No
replace all

The blank cells in the used range will be changed.