BING1080

Default ROUNDED NUMBERS IN FORMULA'S

Can anybody help me to set up Excel so that it uses rounded numbers in
formulas?

I have got the cell formatted to 'show' the number rounded to two decimal
places but the complete root number (shown in the formula bar), is used!

Eg. 1.5642 (1.56 shown) x 4 = 6.2568 (6.25 shown)

I want to multiply 1.56 x 4 = 6.24, without going into each individual cell
and removing the unrequired numbers.

I hope that somebody can help me - even if it is to tell me to stop trying
because it's maybe not possible.

I thank anybody in advance for any constructive response.

bing1080

Harald Staff

Hi

There is a "precision as displayed" setting in Excel's Tools Options menu.
Use it with care.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"BING1080" skrev i melding
Can anybody help me to set up Excel so that it uses rounded numbers in
formulas?

gazornenplat

=ROUND([cellref],[numberOfDecimals])*4

Gaz