Kristin

Default V-Look Up

Can someone please help. I have a V-Look up that works perfect when it takes
info from spreadsheet 1 and transfers it to spreadsheet 2, but when I try to
take info from spreadsheet 2 and transfer it to spreadsheet 1, it is not
working properly. Please help!!!!!!!
Thanks!
Dave Peterson

Visit Debra Dalgleish's site:
for nice instructions.

She has some nice tips to help find these problems (numbers as text in one
location, numbers as numbers in the other--or even extra spaces
(leading/trailing/embedded) in one, but not the other.

--

Dave Peterson
Kristin

Me again, just as a follwo up...the files link fine in both directions. It's
just when I sort one of the files, the links do not update. It reflects the
original link and pulls the wrong info. I'm not sure if I am explaining it
clearly, if you need clarification please let me know.

Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.
Kristin

"Kristin" wrote:

Can someone please help. I have a V-Look up that works perfect when it takes
info from spreadsheet 1 and transfers it to spreadsheet 2, but when I try to
take info from spreadsheet 2 and transfer it to spreadsheet 1, it is not
working properly. Please help!!!!!!!
Thanks!

Kristin

That is a great website, thanks. But it does not show anything that would
solve my problem. It shows you how to create a basic V-Lookup, etc. What I
am looking for is a specific function that will hold the links constant when
the spreadsheet has been sorted or rows have been deleted. Any ideas??? One
thing that I noticed is that when I open both spreadsheets at the same time,
a message pops up stating that the workbook that I have opened contains
automatic links. It askes if I want to update this workbook when changes are
made to the other workbook. I choose "YES" Basically, it is updating one
workbook and not the other.

Kristin wrote:

Can someone please help. I have a V-Look up that works perfect when it takes
info from spreadsheet 1 and transfers it to spreadsheet 2, but when I try to
take info from spreadsheet 2 and transfer it to spreadsheet 1, it is not
working properly. Please help!!!!!!!
Thanks!

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

I'm betting you have formulas that look like:

=sheet1!a1

These don't work well after you sort the data.

Is it possible to put the values in the other worksheet (not as formulas), then
use =vlookup() to retrieve the other values.