Karl Irvin

Default Concealing VB code

In Excel 2000 or later, can you develop a spreadsheet with a lot of VBA code
and hide or compile the code so users can't see or modify it?

Anne Troy

Hi, Karl. Right-click the module and choose Properties to get to the
password dialog. Keep in mind that many people know how to crack even VBA
code passwords, so Excel apps are NEVER really secure.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Karl Irvin" wrote in message
In Excel 2000 or later, can you develop a spreadsheet with a lot of VBA

code
and hide or compile the code so users can't see or modify it?

Karl Irvin

Thanks Anne

I have an Access app the exports data out of an accounting package and via
automation adds it to Excel. The process of transferring the data to Excel
is relatively slow so I was thinking of re-writing the app in Excel to avoid
this bottleneck.

In Access I can make an mde file (sort of a compiled file) that makes the
code unreadable. But I sell this product and would rather not have the code
visible. I guess I will stick with the Access to Excel process.

news:21c16$42b6fa67$466eb880$13301@allthenewsgroup s.com...