edver

Default Wing Dings

Hello,

I would like to show a trend graphic with arrows.
I don't know a good way to do this so I'm thinking something simple like

cell A1 = 1, cell A2 = 2, and then in cell A3 I want an upward arrow.
So in cell A3 I would have a conditional format that if A1 A2= "downward
arrow wingding"

Can anyone suggest the right wingding or (preferably) a more practical
solution to display an upward or downward trend?

Thanks & Cheers
Barb R.

Try this equation

=IF(A2<A1,"ò",IF(A2A1,"ñ","ó"))

and format the cells to WINGDINGS.
"edver" wrote:

Hello,

I would like to show a trend graphic with arrows.
I don't know a good way to do this so I'm thinking something simple like

cell A1 = 1, cell A2 = 2, and then in cell A3 I want an upward arrow.
So in cell A3 I would have a conditional format that if A1 A2= "downward
arrow wingding"

Can anyone suggest the right wingding or (preferably) a more practical
solution to display an upward or downward trend?

Thanks & Cheers

Earl Kiosterud

ed,

In A3:
=IF(A1<A2, CHAR(233), IF(A1A2, CHAR(234), CHAR(232)))

Format for Wingdings. I don't think you need to use conditional formatting.
--
Earl Kiosterud

"edver" wrote in message

Hello,

I would like to show a trend graphic with arrows.
I don't know a good way to do this so I'm thinking something simple like

cell A1 = 1, cell A2 = 2, and then in cell A3 I want an upward arrow.
So in cell A3 I would have a conditional format that if A1 A2= "downward
arrow wingding"

Can anyone suggest the right wingding or (preferably) a more practical
solution to display an upward or downward trend?

Thanks & Cheers

Bill Martin -- (Remove NOSPAM from address)

edver wrote:

Hello,

I would like to show a trend graphic with arrows.
I don't know a good way to do this so I'm thinking something simple like

cell A1 = 1, cell A2 = 2, and then in cell A3 I want an upward arrow.
So in cell A3 I would have a conditional format that if A1 A2= "downward
arrow wingding"

Can anyone suggest the right wingding or (preferably) a more practical
solution to display an upward or downward trend?

Thanks & Cheers

-------------------------------

As Earl pointed out, what you're describing isn't actually conditional
formatting. However.... you can use conditional formatting to do
something similar if you want.

Just go into the conditional formatting and make it display the cell
background as red if it's down or green if it's up for example. Or
better yet, don't use an extra cell for it, just use the conditional
formatting to color the A2 cell depending on whether it's up or down.

Highlight the cell, then click on Format ConditionalFormatting and set
it so that if A2 A1 then click on the Format button to set the
background color, text color, font, or whatever else you want.

Bill