stebro

Default Pasting from clipboard-how to control text-to-columns delimiting

I have Excel 2003. I often copy text from other applications and simply want
to paste into excel - not going thru wizards or text-to-columns options.
Sometimes when I paste it parses the data (for example, on commas, etc) among
several columns and sometimes it doesn't. I can't figure out how or what is
controlling this.

At the moment I'm trying to change it back to no-parse but can't figure out
how to do it. Up until now when I pasted it would put everything in the row
in one cell - then the next row in the cell below, etc -- just the way I want
it.

Any suggestions??? -Thanks,
Steve
Jim Rech