MIKE0W

Default one more time index/match

I know I asked this same type of question yesterday but for some reason
I cannont get it to work. Here is my problem:

B2 – has a list to choose from either 5kv, 15kv, 25kv, …
B3 – has a list also to choose from 8, 10, 12, 500
B4 – here is my problem:
I need B4 to look up B2 and match the size to sheet2 column B
Then take the value in B3 match it with the value in sheet2 column D
And input the number located in column F in that same row across.
I am pretty sure this can be done but I am having a hard time trying to
index and match where I need to find two values from two comumns.
Thanks for the help..

--
MIKE0W
MIKE0W's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21465

greg7468

Mike, I posted a solution to your problem yesterday, it works for me
could you tell us what you get.

Did you set up the lookup table as I had
Did you array enter the formula with control + shift + enter

--
greg7468

greg7468's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9031
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=379296

MIKE0W

Here is my dilemma after I input the formula
I select 5kv
And then 500
It returns the value for
15kv
500
And when I select
15kv
500
The value comes back as
#value

??

--
MIKE0W
MIKE0W's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21465
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=379296

greg7468

Mike, do have lookup table on sheet 2 with the following

- col A --- col B --- col C --- col D --- col E --- col F
--------------5-------------------8--------------------1
--------------5------------------10--------------------2
--------------5------------------12--------------------3
--------------5------------------500------------------4
--------------15------------------8--------------------5
--------------15-----------------10-------------------6
--------------15-----------------12--------------------7
--------------15----------------500-------------------8
--------------25------------------8--------------------9
--------------25-----------------10--------------------10
--------------25-----------------12--------------------11
--------------25-----------------500-------------------12

and row 2 sheet 1 it is validated to values of 5, 15, and 25
and row 3 sheet 1 it is validated to values of 8, 10, 12 and 500

and you have array entered (control +shift + enter) this formula into
B4 on sheet 1

=INDEX(IF(B$2=Sheet2!$B$1:$B$12,Sheet2!$F$1:$F$12) ,MATCH(B$3,IF(B$2=Sheet2!$B$1:$B$12,Sheet2!$D$1:$D $12,
0)))

HTH

--
greg7468

greg7468's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9031
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=379296

MIKE0W

I have tried this and all I get is #name all I did was make the 12 a
larger number to include the entire column. when used ctrl+shift+enter
it put the whole thing in {}. is that correct?? What am I doing wrong??