Karen

Default Page Break Ghost

I have a situation where I cannot insert a page break - I go to Insert Page
Break and there is no page break inserted. What could be happening? This
spreadsheet has some text boxes in it. Other than that, it's a basic
spredsheet.

Thank you, Karen
Jim Rech

Manual page breaks are turned off if you've set "fit to" under File, Page
Setup, Page instead of "adjust to".

--
Jim
"Karen" wrote in message
|I have a situation where I cannot insert a page break - I go to Insert
Page
| Break and there is no page break inserted. What could be happening? This
| spreadsheet has some text boxes in it. Other than that, it's a basic
| spredsheet.
|
| Thank you, Karen

Dave Peterson

I think xl2002 changed this behavior.

I added 3 manual page breaks to a test worksheet.
I did file|page setup|Page tab
Fit to: 1 page(s) wide by (empty) tall.

And xl2003 still respected those manual page breaks. (But xl2002 did the same,
IIRC.)

(I thought that this was a very nice enhancement.)

--

Dave Peterson
Jim Rech

Fit to: 1 page(s) wide by (empty) tall.

I agree that the above will show horizontal page breaks but I think she
probably does not have the tall setting empty. Any number there causes the
symptom I believe.

--
Jim
"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
|I think xl2002 changed this behavior.
|
| I added 3 manual page breaks to a test worksheet.
| I did file|page setup|Page tab
| Fit to: 1 page(s) wide by (empty) tall.
|
| And xl2003 still respected those manual page breaks. (But xl2002 did the
same,
| IIRC.)
|
| (I thought that this was a very nice enhancement.)
|
| Jim Rech wrote:
|
| Manual page breaks are turned off if you've set "fit to" under File,
Page
| Setup, Page instead of "adjust to".
|
| --
| Jim
| "Karen" wrote in message
| |I have a situation where I cannot insert a page break - I go to Insert

| Page
| | Break and there is no page break inserted. What could be happening?
This
| | spreadsheet has some text boxes in it. Other than that, it's a basic
| | spredsheet.
| |
| | Thank you, Karen
|
| --
|
| Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

You are correct, sir!

Jim Rech wrote:

Fit to: 1 page(s) wide by (empty) tall.

I agree that the above will show horizontal page breaks but I think she
probably does not have the tall setting empty. Any number there causes the
symptom I believe.

--
Jim
"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
|I think xl2002 changed this behavior.
|
| I added 3 manual page breaks to a test worksheet.
| I did file|page setup|Page tab
| Fit to: 1 page(s) wide by (empty) tall.
|
| And xl2003 still respected those manual page breaks. (But xl2002 did the
same,
| IIRC.)
|
| (I thought that this was a very nice enhancement.)
|
| Jim Rech wrote:
|
| Manual page breaks are turned off if you've set "fit to" under File,
Page
| Setup, Page instead of "adjust to".
|
| --
| Jim
| "Karen" wrote in message
| |I have a situation where I cannot insert a page break - I go to Insert

| Page
| | Break and there is no page break inserted. What could be happening?
This
| | spreadsheet has some text boxes in it. Other than that, it's a basic
| | spredsheet.
| |

--

Dave Peterson