Bob

Default Pulling product pricing from worksheet into proposal template

I'm trying to build a proposal template that will pull prices from the
product spreadsheet (sheet 1). The formula I need is when the price for a
component is less than zero it would use the word "Included" in the proposal
template. The prices are in sheet 1. The proposal template would be located
in sheet 2.
Nuraq

Enter this formula on sheet 2

=IF(Sheet1!A1<0,"Included",Sheet1!A1)

In this code, Cell A1 on Sheet 1 contains the price. The formula returns
the value "Included" if Sheet1!A1 is less than zero, otherwise it returns
the value of Sheet1!A1.

"Bob" wrote in message
I'm trying to build a proposal template that will pull prices from the
product spreadsheet (sheet 1). The formula I need is when the price for a
component is less than zero it would use the word "Included" in the
proposal
template. The prices are in sheet 1. The proposal template would be
located
in sheet 2.

Dave Peterson

I think you want to use =vlookup().

Visit Debra Dalgleish's site:
for nice instructions.

After you review her instructions, your formula may look like:

=if(vlookup()<=0,"included",vlookup())

(Less than or equal 0 should be included????)

--

Dave Peterson
Bob

This worked! Thanks. My question was incorrectly stated because I wanted the
word "Included" used if the number in the cell is greater than zero. I
merely changed to and it worked. I would like to take this another step if
you can help? The price in the worksheet only registers a number when I put
a quantity in another cell. My options in the price worksheet is to enter a
quantiy otherwise it just shows up as a "-". If I want to make the item an
option in my proposal I would have to add a quantiy in the option cell. In
summary in the proposal I would like to have the word "Included" added if I
put a quantity in the cell for part of the package price. Or put the amount
that shows up in the option cell if I put a quantity in as an option.