-   -   Cells in Excel will not stop highlighting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/30586-cells-excel-will-not-stop-highlighting.html)

Boe

Cells in Excel will not stop highlighting

I am using Excel and as soon as I highlight one cell, regardless of where I
click, i cannot stop the cells from highlighting. If i move the mouse to the
left...all the cells start highlighting towards the left, if I move the mouse
down, all the cells start highlighting towards the bottom. The only way I
can stop this is to close excel through the task manager. any help or fix
for this is greatly appreciated.

Don Guillett

try touching the f8 key

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Boe" wrote in message
I am using Excel and as soon as I highlight one cell, regardless of where

click, i cannot stop the cells from highlighting. If i move the mouse to

the
left...all the cells start highlighting towards the left, if I move the

mouse
down, all the cells start highlighting towards the bottom. The only way I
can stop this is to close excel through the task manager. any help or fix
for this is greatly appreciated.

Boe

This did not work. The cells still continue to highlight where ever I move
the mouse. I don't have to click anywhere for the cells to highlight either.
"Don Guillett" wrote:

try touching the f8 key

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Boe" wrote in message
I am using Excel and as soon as I highlight one cell, regardless of where

click, i cannot stop the cells from highlighting. If i move the mouse to

the
left...all the cells start highlighting towards the left, if I move the

mouse
down, all the cells start highlighting towards the bottom. The only way I
can stop this is to close excel through the task manager. any help or fix
for this is greatly appreciated.

b&s

.... I had the same problem ... and I had to change the mouse, after that
always is OK! :-)

--
regards/pozdrav!
Berislav