Dave

Default Hyperlink Screen Tips in Excel

Hi All

I paste Hyperlinks into Excel, When I paste them, they are highlighted and
have Screen Tips if your hover the mouse over them. The Screen Tips look
like Comments you can give a Cell. What I'd like to do is if the Screentip
hyperlink in column (I) has the word "uk" in it I'd like that Row to turn
Yellow. Would it be possible so I could press a macro button to search the
highlighted cells and look for uk and make those rows yellow.

Thanks in Advance

Dave

Dave Peterson

Maybe something like this will get you started.

Option Explicit
Sub testme()

Dim myCell As Range
Dim myRng As Range

Set myRng = Selection.Areas(1).Columns(1)

For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
myCell.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
If myCell.Hyperlinks.Count 0 Then
If LCase(myCell.Hyperlinks(1).ScreenTip) Like "*uk*" Then
myCell.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 36
Next myCell

End Sub

--

Dave Peterson
Dave

Works fine

Thanks Dave

How would I make the highlighted none uk rows colour blue, should of thought
of this at the time.

Dave wrote:

Hi All

I paste Hyperlinks into Excel, When I paste them, they are highlighted
and
have Screen Tips if your hover the mouse over them. The Screen Tips look
like Comments you can give a Cell. What I'd like to do is if the
Screentip
hyperlink in column (I) has the word "uk" in it I'd like that Row to turn
Yellow. Would it be possible so I could press a macro button to search
the
highlighted cells and look for uk and make those rows yellow.

Thanks in Advance

Dave

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Record a macro when you change the fill color of a cell.

Look at the code and pick out that number.

Colors can vary for each workbook (if the user/developer change them). But 41
was a lighter blue on my test workbook.