Allyson

Default retaining data after source cells move

I am trying to figure out how to keep the data in one cell from changing,
when it is a computation of other cells that may move. For instance, if I
have a cell in column A that is =D3+D4 and then I do a sort on column D and
the data that used to be in D3 and D4 moves to D6 and D7, how do I get my
equation in the first cell to follow the data in the source cells and now
read =D6+D7? Thank you.

Allyson

Thanks, but that didn't really solve my problem. The indirect just directs
the data to those sources, which now lives at D6 and D7. There is either no
data or the wrong data in D3 and D4 now, and the cell in column A is picking
that up. Is there a "FOLLOW" function or something like that? I'm looking at
Help and not getting too far. Thanks for the help, though!

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

=INDIRECT("D3")+INDIRECT("D4")

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Allyson" wrote:

I am trying to figure out how to keep the data in one cell from changing,
when it is a computation of other cells that may move. For instance, if I
have a cell in column A that is =D3+D4 and then I do a sort on column D and
the data that used to be in D3 and D4 moves to D6 and D7, how do I get my
equation in the first cell to follow the data in the source cells and now
read =D6+D7? Thank you.

Peo Sjoblom

Sorry I misunderstood, no there is no way of having the formula following
the movement of cell contents, how could there be?

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Allyson" wrote in message
Thanks, but that didn't really solve my problem. The indirect just directs
the data to those sources, which now lives at D6 and D7. There is either
no
data or the wrong data in D3 and D4 now, and the cell in column A is
picking
that up. Is there a "FOLLOW" function or something like that? I'm looking
at
Help and not getting too far. Thanks for the help, though!

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

=INDIRECT("D3")+INDIRECT("D4")

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom