Sarah-Jessica88

Default How do I do a Depreciation Table

i really need help for my assignment and i dont know how to do a depreciation
table its really simpl ei just cant do it the purchase price is $200 000 and
it depreciate 5% each year and i haev ot work out the value oafter 25 years.
i really need help so i know what im doing. thanks for any help
dominicb

Good Morning SarahJessica88

I assume from your question that you are using reducing balance
depreciation (as opposed to straight line which would be fully
depreciated at 5% after 20 years). I also assume you want to show the
balance each year and not just the balance after 25 years.

If you have your years, starting with year 1 in cell B1 going across to
year 25 in cell Z1. Put your purchase price (£200,000) in cell A2. And
in cell B2 the formula =A2*.95 then copy this into your other 25 cells.
Each cell will give you the VALUE OF THE ASSET year on year. To find
the cumulative depreciation you will need to subtract it from the cost
of the asset.

HTH

DominicB

--