Nuttysmallbar

Default Automatically match destination formatting?

I have a spreadsheet where I would like everything I paste into to it to
match the formattting of the cells around it--not retain the formatting it
had in its original location. I don't want to have to select "match
destination formatting" every time--I want it to default to that. Any ideas?
Thanks.
Jim Rech

I cannot find a way to make Excel paste automatically using destination
formatting. A workaround is to use a macro to do the paste:

Sub PasteWithDestinationFormatting()
ActiveSheet.PasteSpecial Format:="HTML", Link:=False, DisplayAsIcon:= _
False, NoHTMLFormatting:=True
End Sub

You could assign this to a shortcut key (Ctrl-Shift-v in this example) by
running this macro:

Sub SetPasteShortcut()
Application.OnKey "^V", "PasteWithDestinationFormatting"

Jim
"Nuttysmallbar" wrote in message
|I have a spreadsheet where I would like everything I paste into to it to
| match the formattting of the cells around it--not retain the formatting it
| had in its original location. I don't want to have to select "match
| destination formatting" every time--I want it to default to that. Any
ideas?
| Thanks.

Nuttysmallbar

I'll try that, thanks!

"Jim Rech" wrote:

I cannot find a way to make Excel paste automatically using destination
formatting. A workaround is to use a macro to do the paste:

Sub PasteWithDestinationFormatting()
ActiveSheet.PasteSpecial Format:="HTML", Link:=False, DisplayAsIcon:= _
False, NoHTMLFormatting:=True
End Sub

You could assign this to a shortcut key (Ctrl-Shift-v in this example) by
running this macro:

Sub SetPasteShortcut()
Application.OnKey "^V", "PasteWithDestinationFormatting"

Jim
"Nuttysmallbar" wrote in message
|I have a spreadsheet where I would like everything I paste into to it to
| match the formattting of the cells around it--not retain the formatting it
| had in its original location. I don't want to have to select "match
| destination formatting" every time--I want it to default to that. Any
ideas?
| Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm using Excel 2007 and wondering same thing? Can this be done in 2007 and
if so, can you explain below further cuz i don't understand your explanation.
thanks

"Nuttysmallbar" wrote:

I'll try that, thanks!