metalsped

Default IF statement?

I am compiling a 'build sheet' for a few products. I have part numbers
in one column, and prices in another (with checkmark boxes near product
numbers). Im drawing a blank here, but I want to have the price appear
in some box (have yet to determine, but I am going to put all the
prices in a column, to make it easier to total). How would I go about
linking the check box, to the price? Hope that makes sense. Thanks

--
metalsped
metalsped's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22824

metalsped

Here is a quick picture of what I tried to explain.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...sped/excel.jpg

The two columns on the right side I put in just to show the relation of
part number to price. I just want to be able to check certain boxes, and
have the costs line up somewhere, so I can total them at a later point.
Thanks!

--
metalsped
metalsped's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22824
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=377461

MrShorty

Here's how I think I'd do it:

1) Sort the price list alphebetically (necessary for VLOOKUP function
to work correctly)
2) J4=IF("checkbox b4 is checked",VLOOKUP(A4,$O$3:$P$42,2),0)
3) K4=IF("checkbox d4 is checked",VLOOKUP(C4,$O$3:$P$42,2),0)
4) L4=IF("checkbox f4 is checked",VLOOKUP(E4,$o$3:$P$42,2),0)
5) M4=IF("checkbox h4 is checked",VLOOKUP(G4,$O$3:$P$42,2),0)
6) copy those formulas down as far as needed
7) H28=sum(j4:m21)

I'm not quite sure how you're supposed to check the checkbox -- seems
like checked =TRUE, and not checked =FALSE, but I never use checkboxes,
so I'm not sure.

You don't indicate a need to account for quantity of each item, that
wouldn't be too hard to add.

--
MrShorty
MrShorty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22181

Do I need a sumif or sum of a vlookup formula? PeterB Excel Worksheet Functions 0 June 1st 05 12:23 PM
IF Statement Brent New Users to Excel 3 April 29th 05 04:24 PM
How to calculate a sum as one outcome of an IF statement barb in NC Excel Worksheet Functions 2 March 31st 05 08:01 PM
How do I fix a circular reference in a financial statement? drjayhawk25 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 February 7th 05 05:19 PM
7+ nested if statement? Turi Excel Worksheet Functions 3 December 20th 04 07:55 PM