Sandra

Default Time

Can anyone help me calculate time. I simply want to add a column of
minutes spent to determine total duration.

--
Sandra
Sandra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24115

swatsp0p

If you can give us more information on how your data is displayed and
your desired output format, I'm sure someone can help you.

How are your times listed in your column? hh:mm; mm:ss; hh:mm:ss,
etc.? How do you want the sum of the times to be displayed... hh:mm,
hh.n (e.g. 1.5 for 90 minutes)?

Please give examples of your data and your expected results.

--
swatsp0p

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15101
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=377186

JE McGimpsey

One way:

=SUM(A1:A1000)

Format the cell with Format/Cells/Number/Custom [h]:mm

or another time format. The brackets keep the value from rolling over
(e.g., 25 hours will appear as 25:00 rather than 1:00).