Edward O'Brien

Default Adding Comments to a Cell

Hi, everybody.

I have a worksheet with a sophisticated recording system for various
meters - not that that is relevant.

I have several cells with comments like those where there is a red tab and
the comment appears when the curser is passed over the cell. I have no
problem with these.

However, I also have a number of cells where the comment is hidden and only
shows if the cell is clicked, i.e highlighted. These are warnings, such as
"Do not type in this cell".

My problem is, I have forgotten how I created these hidden comments and
having accidently deleted one and now I can't replace it, despite having
searched everywhere for assistance.

Can anyone help.

TIA

Ed

Pank

Edward,

Yoy probably inserted the original comments through Data -- Validation
--Input Message.

Regards

Pank

"Edward O'Brien" wrote:

Hi, everybody.

I have a worksheet with a sophisticated recording system for various
meters - not that that is relevant.

I have several cells with comments like those where there is a red tab and
the comment appears when the curser is passed over the cell. I have no
problem with these.

However, I also have a number of cells where the comment is hidden and only
shows if the cell is clicked, i.e highlighted. These are warnings, such as
"Do not type in this cell".

My problem is, I have forgotten how I created these hidden comments and
having accidently deleted one and now I can't replace it, despite having
searched everywhere for assistance.

Can anyone help.

TIA

Ed

Martin

There will be no "red tab" if the comment is produced in Validation.

The "red tab" will appear if you right click on the cell where you want the
comment. Then choose Insert Comment etc

Martin