M Purvis

Default How can I enter a value and obtain an average based upon tiers.

Monthly
Volume Price per Unit
Tier 1 100,000 $0.400
Tier 2 200,000 $0.300
Tier 3 300,000 $0.200

What formula would I use to determine what the average price would be based
upon entering a specific number in a cell, such as 250,000?

I want to create a pricing calculator, in which I can enter the volume for
the month and it creates what the price is based upon the previously stated
tiers.

Many thanks,

Matt

Max

One way is via VLOOKUP

Supposing this table below is in Sheet1, in A1:C4

Tier 1 100,000 $0.400
Tier 2 200,000 $0.300
Tier 3 300,000 $0.200

In Sheet2

In A1 is the volume: 250000

To get the tier unit price for the volume in A1, put in say, B1:
=IF(A1="","",VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!$B$2:$C$4,2,1))

Format B1 as currency

Copy B1 down to retrieve other prices
for other volumes in A2 down
--
Rgds
Max
"M Purvis" <M wrote in message
Monthly
Volume Price per Unit
Tier 1 100,000 $0.400
Tier 2 200,000 $0.300
Tier 3 300,000 $0.200

What formula would I use to determine what the average price would be

based
upon entering a specific number in a cell, such as 250,000?

I want to create a pricing calculator, in which I can enter the volume for
the month and it creates what the price is based upon the previously

stated
tiers.

Many thanks,

Matt