Jaymndad

Default Selecting Cells with Shift Key

When I am selecting cells in Excell, I use the shift key and the arrows on my
keyboard. If I pause at all, the selection is lost when I continue with the
selection. Why? Can anyone help me?
L.White

If you have removed your finger from the shift key then Windows will think
you are starting a new selection. Just be sure that you don't touch the
arrows without the shift being held down.

LWhite

"Jaymndad" wrote in message
When I am selecting cells in Excell, I use the shift key and the arrows on
my
keyboard. If I pause at all, the selection is lost when I continue with
the
selection. Why? Can anyone help me?

PokerZan

Try using the Control key to chose multiple cells, the advanage in doing
this is that you can chose cells that are not adjacent where I think you
have to chose adjacent cells when using the Shift key.

Pzan

--
PokerZan
PokerZan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23480

Jaymndad

Thank you. The more specific problem I am having is that I hold down and
continue to hold down the shift key and when I use the arrow keys to select
cells, if I stop using the arrows (pause at all) it starts over. I still have
the shift key depressed, but it reacts as if I have released the shift key.

"PokerZan" wrote:

Try using the Control key to chose multiple cells, the advanage in doing
this is that you can chose cells that are not adjacent where I think you
have to chose adjacent cells when using the Shift key.

Pzan

--
PokerZan
PokerZan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23480
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=376823

Dave Peterson

Can you swap out your keyboard (temporarily) just to make sure it isn't a
hardware problem.

And as a workaround: click your first cell, then hit F8 (notice EXT in the
statusbar at the bottom--it stands for Extend (as in extend the range).)

Maybe it'll work for you until you get a new/different keyboard.

(Ps. hit F8 to toggle that EXT mode.)