Xanadude

Default how do you search a range of cells...

I am working on a sports schedule worksheet. I want to use a variable so I
can change the schedule from year to year without having to reprogram it.

What I want to do is create a formula where it checks the full team name in
D5 and compares it to the master list of team names listed in A1:A32, then
take the corresponding cell B1:B32 (the adjacent list of shortened names) to
enter the results in E5.

If I can get an example with and without a macro, I'd appreciate it.

JMB

Enter in E5.

=VLOOKUP(D5,$A$1:$B$32,2,FALSE)

don't bother with the macro.

"Xanadude" wrote:

I am working on a sports schedule worksheet. I want to use a variable so I
can change the schedule from year to year without having to reprogram it.

What I want to do is create a formula where it checks the full team name in
D5 and compares it to the master list of team names listed in A1:A32, then
take the corresponding cell B1:B32 (the adjacent list of shortened names) to
enter the results in E5.

If I can get an example with and without a macro, I'd appreciate it.

Biff

Hi!

Here's the "without a macro" version.

In E5 enter this formula: