nicolina

Default conversion formulas

An inventory/price per unit worksheet with formulas. I need to convert
milliliter to ounces, etc. then the price per unit. With that number I need
to estimate the cost of a product.
Ex. 15ml of oil for $6.00,
1/4 oz. of lotion for $9.00
I will be combing these two products in with a couple of others.Say bottle
and lid at .50 + .50) Trying to figure out what the cost is to make this
product. Please Help me. Math was not my strongest. Layman's terms, If I
may!
Thank you
mangesh_yadav

Hi Nicolina,

First convert either of the one to the other system. Since I use the
metric system, here's how to solve your problem.

Oil:
15 ml = $6.00
cost per ml = 6.00/15 = $0.40

Lotion:
1/4 oz. of lotion for $9.00
First convert oz to ml. Since we don't use oz here, a search on the net
gave me
1 oz (US) = 29.57353 ml
Multipy 1/4 with the conversion rate
=1/4*29.57353 = 7.39 ml (aprrox)
7.39 ml = $9.00
cost per ml = 9.00/7.39 = $1.217

Now decide on the total quantity of your mixture, lets say 100 ml. Out
of which you want 50% oil, and 50% lotion.
Cost of oil = 50% * 100 * $1.217 = $20.00
Cost of lotion = 50% * 100 * $0.40 = $60.87

Total cost = $80.87

Mangesh

--
mangesh_yadav
mangesh_yadav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10470

Andy Wiggins

Have you tried the CONVERT function?

From the Help file:
[It] converts a number from one measurement system to another. For example,
CONVERT can translate a table of distances in miles to a table of distances
in kilometers.

If this function is not available, and returns the #NAME? error, install and
load the Analysis ToolPak add-in.

--
Andy Wiggins FCCA
www.BygSoftware.com