Ryan W

Default XML

I created a database in MS Access 2000 that I collect data and then through
queries I export the data to MS Excel 2003. I don't have any problems with
that. But is there a way that I can create mappings from MS Excel 2003 to
XML? I have learned how to import XML data into MS Excel 2003, but if the
data originates in MS Excel 2003 how can I get it out to XML? Can anyone
suggest books/websites? Or is there a tool that I can use? Thank you in
advance!
--
Ryan W
Gary Rowe

Ryan,
MS Access 2003 provides this functionality. You can export to XML as an
option and create a schema which then can be mapped in excel. Mappings are
created in excel by connecting the data in an xml file together with its
schema to particular cells in the spreadsheet. The book "XML in Office 2003:
Information Sharing with Desktop XML" by Charles Goldfarb and Priscilla
Walmsely is a good resource.
-Gary