Metalteck

Default Spreadsheet Questions

I have a spreadsheet that has at least 30 worksheets. Every month, I fill
information in certain columns. But when the new month begins, I have to
manually go back to each day and erase all the previous entries made in that
column. Is there an esier way to do this without having to do individually by
column?

Bernie Deitrick

Metalteck,

Sorry, I should have worded my question more precisely.

What criteria determine if a cell should be cleared? Do you clear all rows
higher than row #, or columns I & J when column B is a number? Or.....

If you are always clearing the same cells on each sheet, then you could
simply turn on the macro recorder prior to starting to clear your cells,
perform the clear, then turn off the macro recorder.

If you have variable cell amounts that you clear, you could turn on the
recorder, clear the maximum number of cells rather than just those needing
to be cleared, and that should account for the variability.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Metalteck" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that has at least 30 worksheets. Every month, I

fill
information in certain columns. But when the new month begins, I have

manually go back to each day and erase all the previous entries made

in
that
column. Is there an esier way to do this without having to do

individually
by
column?

TomHinkle

I'd just do one 'month end' clearing of the cells, then save that worksheet
as the template for a new month.. that way you're not backfitting an older
worksheet each month..