Straka

Default Stupid Excel operating

I will rather not comment some more stupid feaures from my work experiences
with Excel. I will comment this one: can Microsoft tell me why the MS Excel
2002 allways empty the clipboard when I change whatever cell in sheet??? What
is the reason to do it? I could not find any option to change this stupid
behaviour. (Of course clipboard display helps, but not much, because I must
use mouse to click on the clipboard, so this is not solution.)
(Only for interest, if I wanted to report every mistake in Excel, you would
receive such a report every week.)

I am now using Vyndous XP, MS Excel 2002 (10.4302.4219) SP2.

And some more comment to this forum: I was surprised how many problems I
have foung during the "simple registration" here. It is unbelievably.

And if you want to know how to crash Excel 2002 with a simple pressing of
mouse button and keyborad, ask me. It works allways :-D

I wish you a lot of good luck in debugging, because you will need the good
luck.

Ron Rosenfeld

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 00:23:04 -0700, Straka
rote:

Writing in this offensive manner to a user group is not a good way of trying to
obtain assistance.

I will rather not comment some more stupid feaures from my work experiences
with Excel. I will comment this one: can Microsoft tell me why the MS Excel
2002 allways empty the clipboard when I change whatever cell in sheet??? What
is the reason to do it? I could not find any option to change this stupid
behaviour. (Of course clipboard display helps, but not much, because I must
use mouse to click on the clipboard, so this is not solution.)

I would suggest reading the HELP file that came with your copy of Excel.
Search for something like "copy cell contents" and, once you read it, you will
discover what it is that you are doing incorrectly.

(Only for interest, if I wanted to report every mistake in Excel, you would
receive such a report every week.)

There would be no point in posting it here. This is just a user group. You
would be better off contacting Microsoft.

I have noted, however, that much of what some have posted as "bugs", or "stupid
behavior" has turned out to be rather a misunderstanding of how the program
works.

I am now using Vyndous XP, MS Excel 2002 (10.4302.4219) SP2.

And some more comment to this forum: I was surprised how many problems I
have foung during the "simple registration" here. It is unbelievably.

You could use a newsreader (like Free Agent) and point it directly to
msnews.microsoft.com. No registration is necessary then.

I wish you a lot of good luck in debugging, because you will need the good
luck.

We don't do debugging here. We are not associated with Microsoft. Rather we
try to help other users who have problems.

--ron
JE McGimpsey

Unfortunately your observation is no longer accurate, Ron.

For users accessing the groups via the CDO (Web) interface (via
Support/Communities), this is EXACTLY where Microsoft tells them to
post their problems and suggestions.

Aside from a smattering of responses from Softies in the Mac groups, I
haven't seen any real evidence that it does any good, but it's where MS
tells them to go...

It's no longer "just a user group".

In article ,
Ron Rosenfeld wrote:

There would be no point in posting it here. This is just a user group. You
would be better off contacting Microsoft.

Ron Rosenfeld

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 08:13:32 -0600, JE McGimpsey wrote:

For users accessing the groups via the CDO (Web) interface (via
Support/Communities), this is EXACTLY where Microsoft tells them to
post their problems and suggestions.

Is it also where they are supposed to post bug reports, though?

--ron

Ron Rosenfeld

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 08:13:32 -0600, JE McGimpsey wrote:

For users accessing the groups via the CDO (Web) interface (via
Support/Communities), this is EXACTLY where Microsoft tells them to
post their problems and suggestions.

Well, coming in via a newsreader, I don't get that suggestion.

Since there is no apparent MS presence here, it seems unlikely that posting bug
reports here will do any good.

For a while, there was a MS presence on the MS Money forum. I don't believe
any of the design flaws in that program have been corrected; nor have
non-critical bugs.

Rather, despite the clear wishes of the majority of that group, the yearly
changes involved removing useful features; maintaining pre-existing bugs;
developing new bugs; and various changes in the interface supposedly supported
by customer research -- almost none of which were desired by the folk in that
group.

Perhaps they will adopt similar procedures here :-(

--ron
JE McGimpsey

In article ,
Ron Rosenfeld wrote:

Is it also where they are supposed to post bug reports, though?

Hard to tell - remarkably, searching MS's site for "submit bug report"
or "report bug" doesn't find any relevant links...

Given that, I can't blame someone for then making a "suggestion"...
Ron Rosenfeld

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 10:12:15 -0600, JE McGimpsey wrote:

Given that, I can't blame someone for then making a "suggestion"...

I wouldn't blame anyone for making a "suggestion", or questioning whether
certain program behavior is due to a bug. However, I occasionally feel the
need to comment on or respond to the lack of civility and tact that sometimes
characterizes postings on the 'net.

--ron
JE McGimpsey

In article ,
Ron Rosenfeld wrote:

However, I occasionally feel the need to comment on or respond to the
lack of civility and tact that sometimes characterizes postings on
the 'net.

Yup!