Junior Member

Default sql server freezes excel

Hello,
I'm using sql server's DTS to import an excel spreadsheet. This works fine, apart from after I have used the DTS package, I then cannot open an excel spreadsheet. I click on the spreadsheet I want to open, in the same way as usual, and the outline of the spreadsheet appears, with the toolbar along the top, but instead of the spreadsheet data, this frame contains a replica of the desktop, as if the application was frozen. The application is still running though - the toolbar works, but if you move the application around the screen it leaves ghosting marks..... If I shut down SQL server and shut down excel then try again it makes no difference. If I reboot my machine however, excel works again - until I use the DTS package when the problem repeats itself. I'm developing the DTS package, so I need to use the two applications together, and can't keep rebooting everytime I test teh DTS package....

Does anyone have any ideas?

thanks!!

Kate