medicenpringles

Default Where's my XML item?

i've asked this several times without reply. hopefully someone out
there has a brain enough to answer me.

i'm running *Microsoft Office 2003 Small Business Edition* on a system
with *Microsoft XP Home Edition*. I have a book entitled
_Mastering_Excel_2003_Programming_with_VBA_ that i'm learning how to
create Smart Documents with. This book says (and shows) that there
should be a menu item in my "*Data*" menu in Excel that is called
"*XML*", and also a TaskPane item called "*XML Source*" or "*Document
Actions*."

Can anyone tell my why none of those things are anywhere to be found in
my Office suite?

PLEASE help.
stephen

--
medicenpringles

medicenpringles's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16458
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=375802

medicenpringles

i will bump this thing until i get an answer.

--
medicenpringles

medicenpringles's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16458
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=375802

Gord Dibben

Have a look at this website for comparing editions.

It would seem that XML support is not provided unless you purchase the
Professional edition.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/edit...y/compare.mspx

If this doesn't help, keep bumping, but perhaps in vain.

Your "has a brain enough" comment will not endear you to many.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 16:12:17 -0500, medicenpringles
<medicenpringles.1pyx2a_1117663504.4542@excelfor um-nospam.com wrote:

i will bump this thing until i get an answer.

Gord Dibben

In addition....

ToolsCustomizeCommandsData. Scroll down and check to see if the XML
commands are available for dragging to your toolbar or to the Data Menu item.

I am running Excel 2003 Pro edition so have all the XML functionality.

Gord

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 17:26:01 -0700, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:

Have a look at this website for comparing editions.

It would seem that XML support is not provided unless you purchase the
Professional edition.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/edit...y/compare.mspx

If this doesn't help, keep bumping, but perhaps in vain.

Your "has a brain enough" comment will not endear you to many.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 16:12:17 -0500, medicenpringles
<medicenpringles.1pyx2a_1117663504.4542@excelforu m-nospam.com wrote:

i will bump this thing until i get an answer.

medicenpringles

ok. so i got a new computer with office pro and xp pro.

i have all the xml functionality, but i can't get smart documents to
work. do i need to be connected to the internet to get them to work?

--
medicenpringles

medicenpringles's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16458
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=375802