quickcarl83

Default How to convert a label to numeric

Help!!!

I have a database created from my mainframe system. The database
contains the names and ages of employees from a company. The ages are
listed as labels. I want to convert them to numbers. I need a way to
do this. There are over 500 records and I don't want to do this
individually. Any suggestions?

Carl

--
quickcarl83
quickcarl83's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23949

Ron Coderre

See if this works for you:

Put a 1 in an empty cell
Copy that cell (EditCopy)
Select the range of text numbers
EditPaste Special
Select:Multiply and Values
Click [OK]

Does that help?

Ron

--
Ron Coderre
Ron Coderre's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21419

quickcarl83

That works Ron. Thanks.

--
quickcarl83
quickcarl83's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23949
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=375746

Harald Staff

Hi Carl

Two approaches:

Enter 1 into a cell. Copy this cell. Select the troublesome ages. Go menu
Edit pastespecial, check "multiply", OK.

Select the troublesome ages. Go menu Data Text to columns. Click Finish.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"quickcarl83"
skrev i melding