FORMULA QUESTION

Default Alphabetizing in Excel

I know about the sort function in Excel. I have a column of names, first
name followed by the last name. Can I get Excel to sort them by the LAST
name?

Thank you.
Chip Pearson

You need to create an additional column that contains only the
last name, and sort on that column. For simple first and last
names, the following formula will return the last name of the
full name in A1.

=MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1,1)+1,99)

Copy this formula down as far as you need to go.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson