JR

Default Date formats

I received a file with dates as follows 08011944 or August 1, 1944 and I need
to convert it to a true date format 8/1/1944 to use it in other files. I
can't simply format it as a date as it isn't recognized as such. Any help in
how to convert would be appreciated.
Peo Sjoblom

Select the column with the dates, do datatext to columns, click next twice
and under column data format select Date and then MDY or DMY depending on if
you are using US or British dates, click finish

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom