kapil.dalal

Default Isnot there anyone who knows this?

Have already posted my problem, but there was no reply. Here it goes
again:

I have this spreadsheet that is linked to the internet. It uses some
add in functions to extract info from the internet. As soon as I open
this sheet, all the values get updated. Now, this sheet is huge. It
takes around 5-10 minutes to extract all the info. I have another
spreadsheet which has a macro that copies relevant info from the first
spreadsheet and pastes special the values. And this macro is a part of
a much larger program.

Now the problem: Once I run this program, the macro just opens the
first spreadsheet and copies from there and pastes special. The trouble
is that the first spreadsheet hasnot calculated anything by that time.
So what I get is a 1000 #N.A.s. How can I ask the macro not to run till
the first spreadsheet has stopped calculating?
(I have tried the wait function. But firstly, I need to give an
absolute time and I dont want to change the code everytime I have to
run the program (No point of whole automation). Also, the time taken by
spreadsheet randomly varies between 2 to 10 minutes depending on the
processor speed).

Please help.

--
kapil.dalal
kapil.dalal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23853

goodpasture

just apply the macro to a button?

--
goodpasture
goodpasture's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23898

Don Guillett

It is not difficult to understand why you don't get help with your subject
line.
Have a look in vba help for enableevents

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"kapil.dalal"
wrote in message

[...]

kapil.dalal

Guess you didn't get the problem at all !

--
kapil.dalal
kapil.dalal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23853
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=375300

Dave Peterson

Maybe you could add an Application.calculate (or application.calculatefull if
your version supports it) right after it opens the workbook.

Well, if I understood your post....