heelinva

Default Copying Multiple Links at One Time

Need someone's assistance to figure out how one can create multiple
links from files on a hard drive, into a spreadsheet with each file
link located in a separate cell.

Problem: I'm working over in Iraq and support an Iraqi group working
in a forensics area.

The Iraqi team I'm working with wants to produce an Excel spreadsheet
with links to specific files on their hard drive. Trouble is we have
almost 110,000 files to link. Is there a way to do this without
inputing each link individually?

Heelinva

--
heelinva
heelinva's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23879

Jan Karel Pieterse

Hi Heelinva,

The Iraqi team I'm working with wants to produce an Excel spreadsheet
with links to specific files on their hard drive. Trouble is we have
almost 110,000 files to link. Is there a way to do this without
inputing each link individually?

This sounds like a monster workbook to me, designed for trouble.
I strongly doubt a file with so many links will be stable (if at all
possible).

Also, which such a huge amount of data, maybe Excel simply isn't the
right tool?

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com

heelinva

Thanks for the heads up, it probably saved us a lot of work.

We will have to think of something else.

heelinva