Custodio Bernardes

Default how do I put a a sequence number into colun A automatically witho.

I would like to give a number to every item I write in every row in excel
automatically in order not to repeat it, in every row I display name and
related specs of each item I sell, example
101 printer
102 scanner
103 camera
104 scanner
105 printer
I'm trying to give each item I sell a personal number to which we may refer
in the future, we and the customer who bought it, thanks for the help
John Mansfield

Custodio,

Assuming cell A1 is your start cell, add the number 101 to that cell. In
cell A2 add the formula "=A1+1". Copy that formula down the range A3, A4,
A5, etc. You should get 101 in cell A1, 102 in cell A2, 103 in cell A3, 104
in cell A4, 105 in cell A5, etc.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"Custodio Bernardes" wrote:

I would like to give a number to every item I write in every row in excel
automatically in order not to repeat it, in every row I display name and
related specs of each item I sell, example
101 printer
102 scanner
103 camera
104 scanner
105 printer
I'm trying to give each item I sell a personal number to which we may refer
in the future, we and the customer who bought it, thanks for the help

Earl Kiosterud

Custodio,

A formula approach can be used, but you must never insert or delete an item,
sort the table, etc. The result will be to renumber your items. A macro
can assign the next available number, which would be permanently put into
the sheet. If you're willing to use a macro, we'll write you one. We'd
need to know if deletions are allowed from the table.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"Custodio Bernardes" <Custodio wrote in
message ...