Vin

Default how do i format telephone numbers

I have a column of telephone numbers which I want formatted to the following
##### ### ###.
I have formatted a blank column and tried to copy and paste the column of
telephone numbers using paste specialValues, however this does not seem to
work.

Does anyone have any suggestions

Thanks
Ragdyer

Your telephone numbers are probably not real numbers, but text.

Custom formats only work on true numbers.

You should convert them to numbers *before* you copy them to your
pre-formatted column.

Right click in a new, unused, empty cell, and choose "Copy".
Select the column of telephone numbers and right click in that selection,
and choose "Paste Special".
Click on "Add", then <OK.

NOW, copy your numbers to your pre-formatted column, and you should have
what you want.
--
HTH,

RD