callmekilo

Default How can I shade columns but keep grid?

Everytime I use the fill function it darkens out the grid lines. I'd
like a nice light gray or off white for a few columns as contrast but
keep the grid in black. Help, please.

Ragdyer

You'll have to *make* the grid lines on pattern filled cells using the:
<Format <Cells <Borders tab.
--
HTH,

RD

"callmekilo" wrote in message
ups.com...
Everytime I use the fill function it darkens out the grid lines. I'd
like a nice light gray or off white for a few columns as contrast but
keep the grid in black. Help, please.

Earl Kiosterud

Fill colors just paint right over the gridlines, don't they? I think about
all you can do is put borders in the cells. Use either the Border tool on
the Formatting Toolbar (you get black borders only), or use Format - Cells -
Borders. You can select several line styles, thicknesses, and colors there
for borders.

--
Earl Kiosterud