Evanya

Default yes/no option buttons

Help. I'm not familiar with macro works. I just happen to create form in
excel using option button. I have several questions in the form that require
a yes/no answer. However, the buttons don't allow me to answer more than 1
line question. e.g. if I click one of the button in question 1, then I click
yes/no button in question 2, it takes away the answer from q.1.

How can I break the link from all these buttons? Thanks,

Evanya

Dear JE,

Thanks for your answer. Would you please guide me step by step to it? I
tried putting them in the group box but didn't work. Maybe I didn't do it
correctly. Thank you.

Evanya wrote:

Help. I'm not familiar with macro works. I just happen to create form in
excel using option button. I have several questions in the form that require
a yes/no answer. However, the buttons don't allow me to answer more than 1
line question. e.g. if I click one of the button in question 1, then I click
yes/no button in question 2, it takes away the answer from q.1.

How can I break the link from all these buttons? Thanks,

Dave Peterson

When you write that you created a form, did you mean a userform (in the VBE) or
did you mean you made a worksheet look like a form?

If you meant a userform, then on the toolbox toolbar, there's a Frame icon that
you can click on and surround each group of optionbuttons.

If you meant a worksheet made up to look like a form, there are two different
Optionbuttons you could have used.

If you used the optionbuttons from the Forms toolbar, there's a "Group box" icon
that you can surround each group of optionbuttons.

If you used the optionbuttons from the Control Toolbox toolbar, then you can go
into design mode (another button on that control toolbox toolbar) and rightclick
on each Optionbutton. Select properties and look for GroupName.

Each group of option buttons has to have its own unique name. (By default, that
groupname is the same as the worksheet name--so they're all grouped together.)

--

Dave Peterson
Evanya

Dear Dave,

You have just saved me!! I tried your suggestions and it worked! Thanks a
lot. This was my case:

If you used the optionbuttons from the Control Toolbox toolbar, then you can go
into design mode (another button on that control toolbox toolbar) and rightclick
on each Optionbutton. Select properties and look for GroupName.

Each group of option buttons has to have its own unique name. (By default, that
groupname is the same as the worksheet name--so they're all grouped together.)

Thanks a lot, Dave and JE for responding to my inquiry.