Dan

Default Is there a rankif function

I want to rank a column only if another column value is equal to something.
Does anyone know a workaround for this, I know there is no rankif.

Example below:
column 1 column 2
h 2
h 3
a 1
a 5

I want a formula to tell me the rank of column 2 depending on column 1
being true.
Bernie Deitrick

Dan,

=1+SUMPRODUCT(($A$2:$A$5=A2)*($B$2:$B$5B2))

and copy down.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Dan" wrote in message
I want to rank a column only if another column value is equal to

something.
Does anyone know a workaround for this, I know there is no rankif.

Example below:
column 1 column 2
h 2
h 3
a 1
a 5

I want a formula to tell me the rank of column 2 depending on column 1
being true.

Dan

It does not seem to work with the following data set... Or does it?

acet 89
acet 76
acet 42
acet 62
pro 82
pro 81
pro 54
pro 4
oxy 73
oxy 94
oxy 52

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

Dan,

=1+SUMPRODUCT(($A$2:$A$5=A2)*($B$2:$B$5B2))

and copy down.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Dan" wrote in message
I want to rank a column only if another column value is equal to

something.
Does anyone know a workaround for this, I know there is no rankif.

Example below:
column 1 column 2
h 2
h 3
a 1
a 5

I want a formula to tell me the rank of column 2 depending on column 1
being true.

Dan

Gotit!!! Thanks Bernie, I use the sumproduct to get multiple sumifs, but
this is cool, I did not think of using it this way.

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

Dan,

=1+SUMPRODUCT(($A$2:$A$5=A2)*($B$2:$B$5B2))

and copy down.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Automatically up date time in a cell Mark Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 May 12th 05 12:26 AM
clock Wildman Excel Worksheet Functions 2 April 26th 05 10:31 AM
Need a ISWorkday Function -- Any Ideas Mark Excel Worksheet Functions 5 March 29th 05 01:58 AM
Conversion SVC Excel Worksheet Functions 9 February 28th 05 02:29 PM