TheRobsterUK

Default Sheet Protection and VBA Code

Does anyone know how to get Excel to allow VBA code to write to a
password protected worksheet?

I am using a work-around solution at the moment whereby the VBA
unprotects the relevant worksheet, writes data to it, then re-protects
it.

There must be a better way than this though. Obviously I don't want my
users to delete the formulas etc in the worksheet but I want my code to
be able to write data to the worksheet without having to
unprotect/re-protect it all the time!

Thanks
-Rob

--
TheRobsterUK

TheRobsterUK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9924
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=374547

Jim Rech

One of the arguments of the Worksheet Protect method is UserInterfaceOnly.
You should protect the sheet in code, setting that to true and see if it
helps. It is not a setting that saves with the workbook so it has to be
reset after each open.

--
Jim
news:TheRobsterUK.1pp4ac_1117206302.1348@excelforu m-nospam.com...