Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
burnsbyrne

Default Fractions: summing numerators and denomerators separately

I have a sheet with several rows like this:

Jan Feb Mar Apr Year to Date

1/3 4/5 0/9 2/6 etc. 7/23

Where Year to Date (YTD) is the sum of all the numerators and
denominators. Right now these fractions are formatted as text and I
have to calculate the YTD by hand. Can anybody think of a way to
automate this? I have tried simply putting the num. and den. in
separate cells, one above the other, but then they don't look like
fractions and the intended audience of the report expects the fraction
format. We could teach them to read the new format but I'd like to
avoid that if I can. Thanks for any suggestions!

--
burnsbyrne
burnsbyrne's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22153