burnsbyrne

Thanks for the solution! I guess I need to learn more about using
formulas with text. While this solution will work handily, I wonder
whether there is a way to do this without adding two extra rows for
each row of fractions. The sheets and reports containing these
fractions are several pages long and the fraction rows occur about
every three rows. The fractions represent the number of hospital
patients who had a treatment over the number of patients who were
elegible for the treatment. The docs like to see the data expressed as
a fraction.
Thanks for your help. I'll see what I can do with the VALUE and RIGHT
functions. I could also look at hiding some rows before printing the
report.

--
burnsbyrne
burnsbyrne's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22153