Paul Donaldson

Default Locked out of default file location

When setting up office XP on a new computer in our office, I accidently
put in a file location that was incorrect.
Used W:******
instead of W:\*****
now I am locked out with an can not find W:**** and will not let me
change the setting, even uninstalled and reinstalled and it is still
doing this. Any thoughts?

Paul

--
Paul Donaldson
Paul Donaldson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2646

Leith Ross

Hello Paul,

Most likely it's an entry in the registry that's causing you the
problem. Even when you uninstall a program, often times there are many
registry entries that are never removed. You should look into a
registry editor program like Registry First Aid to help cleanup the
registry before attempting another installation. If you feel
uncomfortable with doing this yourself, you may want to ask around and
find someone who has the experience to do it. You can royally screw
things up if you are not sure what you doing.

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

--
Leith Ross
Leith Ross's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18465

Paul Donaldson

Thanks Leith I dont have a problem with going in to the registry
entries, but I was not aware that the default file locations were set
in their, as I said all I have done is left out the \ from the W:***
but it just refuses to allow any further change

Paul