ranebow

Default Hyperlink to TXT file

I have a TXT file that is created from another software program. I'd
like to create a hyperlink to that TXT file in Excel. When I click on
the hyperlink I'd like the TXT file to open with Excel, not the default
Notepad. Is this possible to do?

--
ranebow
ranebow's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23730

Dave Peterson

You might be able to fiddle with your file associations--but I wouldn't do that.

There's too much variability in the layout of text files to have them all open
in excel (how would you open them--fixed width or delimited--and based on what.

I think I'd record a macro that opened that .txt file, parsed it correctly and
even added headers/filters/print setup stuff.

Then I'd assign that recorded macro to the button.