Robb

Default Need your expertise!! Excel Question

How can I have 2 excel documents at the same time?? I have Excel 2000 and
for some strange reason the software doens't allow me to have 2 documents
open at the same time, I have to minimize one in order to open the other
one...

Any suggestions...

Thank you and happy new year to all...

R.
Frank Kabel

Hi
do you get an error message if you try this?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Robb wrote:
How can I have 2 excel documents at the same time?? I have Excel
2000 and for some strange reason the software doens't allow me to
have 2 documents open at the same time, I have to minimize one in
order to open the other one...

Any suggestions...

Thank you and happy new year to all...

R.

Frank Kabel

Hi
sorry. What I meant: How do you try to open 2 documents and what happens
then you try it. What error does occur in this case

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Robb wrote:
If I try what??

Robb wrote:
How can I have 2 excel documents at the same time?? I have Excel
2000 and for some strange reason the software doens't allow me to
have 2 documents open at the same time, I have to minimize one in
order to open the other one...

Any suggestions...

Thank you and happy new year to all...

R.

Frank Kabel

Hi
still not sure what happens exactly for you. Maybe:
- Goto 'Tools - Options - General' and uncheck 'Ignore other applications'

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
sorry. What I meant: How do you try to open 2 documents and what
happens then you try it. What error does occur in this case

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

Robb wrote:
If I try what??

Robb wrote:
How can I have 2 excel documents at the same time?? I have Excel
2000 and for some strange reason the software doens't allow me to
have 2 documents open at the same time, I have to minimize one in
order to open the other one...

Any suggestions...

Thank you and happy new year to all...

R.

cwilson

Hi Robb,

I think you need to go to Tools Options View and make sure that "Windows
in Task Bar" is checked. I don't if this is an option in 2000, but I thought
I would suggest it anyway.

"Robb" wrote:

How can I have 2 excel documents at the same time?? I have Excel 2000 and
for some strange reason the software doens't allow me to have 2 documents
open at the same time, I have to minimize one in order to open the other
one...

Any suggestions...

Thank you and happy new year to all...

R.

Dave Peterson

You can't have two workbooks with the same filename open in the same instance of
excel.

But maybe just clicking on
Window|and selecting your other (already) open workbook would work.

Or Window|Arrange|Tiled
so you can see all the open workbooks.

Or ctrl-f6
to move between open workbooks.